The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is a globally recognized offshore jurisdiction.
Thousands of entrepreneurs flocked to set up an offshore company in the British Virgin Islands. In 1984, the British Virgin Islands passed the International Business Companies Regulations, which represented its beginning as an offshore financial service jurisdiction. Since then, the British Virgin Islands has been the most popular place to set up offshore companies in all offshore jurisdictions, and the number of company registrations is the largest.
Basic introduction of the British Virgin Islands
- The British Virgin Islands is one of the most economically prosperous areas in the Caribbean. Tourism accounts for 45% of the country’s revenue. The offshore
company registration also brings considerable benefits. In the British Virgin Islands, agriculture, and industry account for only a small part of GDP. And agriculture mainly produces fruits, vegetables, sugarcane, livestock, and poultry. The industry is dominated by rum distillation, engineering, and shipbuilding.
Location Composed of 117 islands, located in the Indian Ocean, four
to five degrees south of the equator.
Population About 36,000 people. Languages English, Spanish. Legal System British common law. Currency USD. Foreign Exchange
NIL Economics It is one of the most economically prosperous countries in
the Caribbean, relying on the tourism and yacht industry, and
its main source of income is offshore financial services.
Time Zone UTC+4 Main Legal
Companies Act 2004
Advantages and features of the British Virgin Islands company registration
One of the reasons why people choose to set up an offshore company is the tax advantage. Tax cuts are just one of the gains for BVI companies.
- No need to provide capital in place
- Low maintenance cost
- Can be listed on global stock exchanges
- Often used to invest and hold foreign entity companies
- The shareholders, directors, and managers of offshore companies in the British Virgin Islands can be individuals or companies and can be of any nationality. The shareholders or board meetings do not need to be held in the British Virgin Islands, nor do they need to convene an annual general meeting of shareholders
- Set up an offshore company in the British Virgin Islands, each beneficial owner, shareholder and director must provide detailed information to the registered agent, including legal copies of identification documents and proof of address, and always keep this information updated. The information of beneficial owners and shareholders is kept confidential in the registered agent's office.
BVI company registration related regulations and procedure
- Company name:
The registered name of the BVI company must not be the same or similar to the name of the existing company. The name must end with Limited, Corporate, Incorporated, Societe Anonyme, or Sociedad Anonima, and use their respective abbreviations, such as Ltd., Corp., Inc. The company name cannot use words such as Assurance, Bank, Building Society, Chamber of Commerce, Chartered, Cooperative, Imperial, Insurance, Municipal, Royal, or Trust.
- Directors and shareholders:
A British Virgin Islands company requires at least one shareholder and one director. They can all be the same person. Except for directors, the company does not need to appoint any operating personnel.
- Registered capital:
The standard authorized capital (registered capital) is generally 50,000 shares with a par value of 1 yuan per share. If it exceeds, local government fees will be increased.
Shares can be issued in a registered or anonymous way.
Shares can be issued in any currency.
Basic registration procedure
Select through the registration center and keep the company name:
This is to ensure that each company has a unique name; the name will end with the abbreviation of the company type.
Prepare company documents:
Inter Area can help you in the steps of creating the company's articles of association.
Application for registration documents:
All company documents, details of the founder (undisclosed) and details of the registered agent will be submitted to the company registry.
Opening a bank account:
You can perform this step before drafting company documents to ensure that the company can operate as scheduled after registration.
- In short, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) is one of the most famous jurisdictions in the world. The BVI offshore company has a variety of functions and operations.
- Through a registered agent, set up a BVI company, the process can be simple and fast. Various types of companies also have their own characteristics. Therefore, if you have any questions about the BVI companies registration, please feel free to contact us.
Offshores company establishment country