OPEN A BANK
Singapore has a sound economy and strong growth potential. It is recognized as the premier financial center and provides a strong banking financial system to support international wealth management. It has always been one of the best offshore financial centers in the world, with a complete and stable banking system, as well as complete financial and commercial regulations. All major international banks are based in Singapore. Attracting many multinational companies to open offshore company accounts in Singapore for financial/fund scheduling operations.
Advantages of opening an offshore bank account in Singapore
- Singapore has a superior international image and a prestigious jurisdiction. It has a standardized and secure banking system and complete functions, such as multi-currency accounts, online banking, credit cards, trade financing, transfer fund between countries, etc., makes Singapore's banking industry an excellent long-term solution for international entrepreneurs.
- Singapore's account opening, and operations are needless to worry about the impact of future policy changes, which is more stable than Hong Kong.
- Singapore has diplomatic relations with many countries, so companies planning to invest in Southeast Asian countries will have priority to open an account in Singapore.Because Singapore banks enjoy more preferential foreign exchange, many investment merchants engaged in international business activities will choose Singapore to open an account.
- If you have no experience in opening an account in Singapore, it is easy to be rejected at the initial review, which can easily cause investors to waste time and money. Inter Area can provide the latest regulations and information on account opening in Singapore and provide professional guidance and assistance.
- Generally, there is no passbook for opening a company account in Singapore. Most banking transactions can be done in online banking. Online banking can be used for cross-border remittances. The bank will provide a Token or link to the user’s mobile app as a transaction remittance. The protection mechanism of Singapore's online banking is very common and mature compared with the traditional counter-handling of banking transactions, online banking saves the time and cost of running the bank, and it also has a high degree of security.
Top banks in Singapore
- Major local banks
was established in 1968 and
is considered the largest bank
in Singapore and Southeast
Asia in terms of assets.
was established in 1912 and
is one of the largest financial
institutions in the Singapore-
- Local foreign banks
| HSBC Bank
In Singapore, the Hong Kong and Shanghai
Banking Corporation Limited opened in 1877.
HSBC is a major dealer and an approved
bond intermediary institution (ABI) by the
Singapore government securities market.
| Standard Chartered Bank
Singapore's business began in 1859.
It is Singapore's largest foreign
institutional custodian bank.
| Malayan Banking Corporation
Business in Singapore began in 1960.
Maybank is currently one of the top five
banks in ASEAN and is a qualified wholly-
owned bank in Singapore.
Is the first American bank to establisha
branch in Singapore in 1902. Citibank
was one of the first four foreign banks
to obtain a Qualified Banking (QFB)
license in 1999.
Documents required for opening an account in Singapore
The account opening bank will request the following basic documents, in addition to other documents depending on the individual case.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Full copy of Constitution/Memorandum and the Articles of Association(M&A).
- Certificate of Incumbency(note the validity period of issuance).
- The certified proof of passports and address certificates of directors, signatories and authorized persons.
- Proof of company business.
- Customer and supplier information.
- Proof of relevant bank flow or financial resources.
Notes for Opening Bank Account in Singapore
After opening an account in a Singapore bank, the operation of funds is flexible. The bank in Singapore has strict requirements for opening an account.Generally, directors are required to have Identity Verification in person. However, some banks can still arrange directors to the nearest regional branch or use video according to customer requirements. Different banks have different account opening conditions and basic deposits. If you plan to open a Singapore bank account, you should first confirm the threshold of the local bank in Singapore and the required information.
- Avoid dealing with high-risk or sanctioned countries and regions.
- When opening a corporate bank account with a Singapore bank, pay attention to whether the registered company name contains sensitive words. For example, finance, coal, oil... etc. Companies with such words are more sensitive when opening bank accounts.
- If the company's directors and shareholders have bad records in any branch of Singapore Bank, the Bank will not accept the company to open bank accounts.
- The company's shareholder structure should be as simple as possible to avoid an overly complex shareholding structure and increase the difficulty of bank approval.
Singapore opening bank Account Q&A | INTER AREA
Which banks in Singapore can I open a bank account for my Singapore company?
A:There are many banks in Singapore. You could open a Singapore account in some Singapore local or international banks such as DBS, Standard Chartered, OCBC ... etc.
What are the requirements for opening a bank account in Singapore?
A:Each bank has different account opening requirements. Basically, if an overseas company opens an account, it will need the business certificate of the operating company as supporting evidence, so that the bank could understand the customer's operating status through this information.
Do I have to go to Singapore to open an account in person?
A: Regardless of any bank, the authorized signatory of the bank account is required to go to Singapore to open the account in person. First, the bank can conduct KYC with customers, and second, to protect the company's rights and interests and prevent others from stealing information.
How many working days does it take to open an account?
A:The time for each bank to process the account opening procedure is different. Generally, the bank account opening operation time is about 4-6 weeks.
Can a multi-currency account be opened for a Singapore company?
A:The Bank of Singapore does not impose any restrictions on this. It depends on the services provided by the bank. Therefore, choose an international bank. The more types of currency services the bank can provide, you can choose to open a single currency account or multiple currencies.
Is it possible to open a company bank account before the Singapore company is incorporated?
A: No. A company can only open a bank account after obtaining the company's complete information after the company is registered. When the Singapore company is incorporated, it will prepare the documents required for bank account opening and Inter Area will assist in opening the account according to the bank of your choice.
Can I transfer my funds freely between my country of residence and Singapore?
A: There is no foreign exchange control in Singapore. Under normal business operations, you can freely transfer funds.
Overseas Bank Account
| Overseas Bank
Opening an Overseas Bank
Account refers to a bank
account opened with a bank
|Hong Kong Open
Opening an account with an
overseas bank means a bank
account opened by a bank
other than the....More...
|Taiwan Open OBU
Since the central bank has
greatly expanded the
business scope of OBU,it
has allowed OBU...More...